The winter has arrived and although it may take a storm or two to realize the benefits of a snow removal company, you are not going to want to be left with endless hours of shoveling this winter. With the uncertainty of just how much of that white stuff is going to fall from the sky in Topeka and surrounding areas, being prepared with a trusted snow removal company is going to keep you worry free through the remaining winter months. When choosing a snow removal company you want to keep a few things in mind so you get the best service for your specific needs. Schendel Lawn and Landscape has a few tips that may help you in choosing your snow removal company this winter and the ones to follow.
- Ask your friends and family in the area what company they would recommend. Referrals from people you know are the best way of getting an unbiased opinion of a business.
- Research the company’s and their locations. Are they a local company or national? Often times a local company will be more knowledgeable and better able to service you since it’s where they live too.
- Ask how long the company has been in business. It takes time to build experience and a reputation for a company so the longer standing companies are generally more reliable.
- Make sure you have a way to calculate the exact costs of your snow removal services. Will it be per time, per season, are there hidden costs? You don’t want to sign on to anything that you are unsure about.
- Talk to more than one company to get a feel for which one sounds best. Calling up each company is a good idea to make a more personal connection. After comparing a few companies you will have a better idea of which one will be of best service to you this winter.
- Look for overall value rather than cost alone. It is easy to find the cheapest snow removal company and go with it but you may be completely unsatisfied in the long run. With any service company, you want to build a relationship based on value.
- See what other services the company has to offer. Many companies have multiple services which could save you a lot of time and money in the long run if you have one go-to company for all of your home’s lawn care and landscaping needs throughout the year.
Hopefully, these tips will help you to better choose the snow removal company for your needs. Leave the work to the Kansas professional snow removal company this winter and save yourself from hours of shoveling or slipping and sliding in your driveway. Whether it is snow plowing, snow removal, or sanding and salting applications, Schendel Lawn and Landscape is here to help the residents of Topeka, Lawrence and throughout our service area to stay clear of snow and ice this winter. For more information on how we can assist you this winter and the seasons to come, contact us today.
Originally Published: 01/06/2012