Schendel Lawn offers some fall landscaping tips for Topeka and Lawrence residents.
With the fall here and winter coming soon, it’s time to tackle your fall landscaping projects. Now is the perfect time to plan out your fall landscaping projects so you can prepare your Topeka or Lawrence lawn and landscape for the upcoming cold months.
If you are more of the do-it-yourself kind of person, the KS lawn and landscape experts at Schendel want to share some tips for successful fall landscaping. There are potentially many tasks to prepare your lawn for the cooler months of the year depending on the scale of your landscape design. But whether you have a simple landscape or one that is more complex and high maintenance, here are some tips to follow:
- Continue to mow and trim the grass keeping it at least 2.5 inches high.
- Clean up fall leaves as they begin to fall on the lawn.
- Aerate and overseed the lawn, especially areas that did not take the summer heat so well.
- Prune trees and shrubs as needed.
- Remove debris including leaves and twigs from planted beds.
- Plant fall plants and dig up delicate bulbs to store for the winter.
- Plant spring bulbs (yes, it’s already time to plan for spring).
- Drain and winterize water features such as fountains.
- Inspect the property for any problems including lawn pests, damages, or disease and notify a landscape professional of any issues.
For many residents of Topeka and nearby communities, fall lawn care and landscaping is often placed on the back burner. With fall sports and holiday planning, it can be hard to find the time and energy to take care of your lawn and prepare the property for the winter. If this sounds like you or if you are simply not a do-it-yourselfer, then no need to worry! Leave all the fall landscaping to the Topeka landscape pros at Schendel Lawn & Landscape.
We offer landscape maintenance, lawn care, and design and building projects that help to make your property the best looking on the block! To learn more about our services and to schedule your fall landscaping services, simply contact us today!
Originally Published: 09/20/2012